Thursday, December 13, 2012

Olly's Day Off

P.D. James once said, "It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life."

While most people are spending their December days inside shopping malls and discount stores, I have spent the past two days outside raking a football field of fall leaves.  This week's weather has been an ideal combination of winter chill and warm sunshine.  This morning, as I gathered my rake, gloves, and wool scarf, I noticed a lonesome little elf on the shelf.  I haven't been especially naughty or nice, so Olly hasn't had any real news to report to Santa.  With just twelve days until Christmas, my holiday helper joined Riley and me for an absolutely perfect day of playing in a pile of leaves. No magical trips to the North Pole or official elf responsibilities today ~ it's Olly's day off!

 Hands behind my head, leaves piled high, 
sunshine on my face, bright blue sky!
 I'm King of the Mountain today!
Riley and me...side by side;
find a secret place to hide!
Take a ride on the rake
and in a bicycle basket.
Open Christmas cards...jolly fantastic!

Dianne ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment